The Hidden History of Washington, DC: A Guide For Black Folks
Talk show host Bill O'Reilly said that slaves who built the White House "were well fed and had decent lodgings provided by the government."
Besides providing his solution for American homelessness and hunger-slavery-O'Reilly has now forced white people to face the hidden truth about the slave trade in the nation's capital.
Africans have always been in and around the District of Columbia for many generations. It was just a few miles down the Potomac that the first "20 negars" came into bondage in Jamestown after the extermination of the rightful landlords, the Algonkins, the Susquehannocks, the Senecas, and the Piscataways.
The very area where Barack Obama took the oath of office in 2009 is the location of the tent city that housed the Black builders of the U.S. Capitol. And at least 400 of the 600 carpenters, masons, artisans, and skilled laborers-more than two thirds-were enslaved Black Africans. The building of Washington required the importation of so many highly skilled Black craftsmen that the District became known as "the Congo of America."
Read about the DC slave laws, White House slavery, and the African slaves who built the Capitol. This book reveals the real story of Pocahontas and the Black history behind such famous tourist attractions as the Washington Monument and the Jefferson and Lincoln Memorials.
- Black History: The Legacy of Our Struggle
- Books and Literature
- Books by Minister Louis Farrakhan
- Books by the Honorable Elijah Muhammad
- CD Packages
- College & University Messages
- Divine Instructions - SD2016
- DVDs / CD Packages @ $10
- Education & The New Paradigm
- Family: The Foundation
- Have No Fear For The Future: The Future is Ours! - SD2017
- Hip Hop: The Voice of the New World
- Honorable Elijah Muhammad Audio/Video
- How To Eat To Live
- International Messages
- Malcolm X
- Minister Farrakhan Audio/Video
- MP3 Groups
- MP3 Titles
- Press / News Conferences
- Self-Improvement: The Basis for Community Development
- Stop the Killing: How to Produce Black on Black Love
- Streaming Videos
- Student Ministers
- The Black Woman: The Second Self of God
- The Caribbean
- The Math Doctor
- The Movement for Justice Or Else
- The Power of The Black Church
- The Responsibility of The Black Pastor
- The Secret Relationship Between Blacks and Jews
- The Time & What Must Be Done
- Tribute To The Honorable Elijah Muhammad